Vibiemme Double Boiler, Digital Espresso Machine 2020
Part #: 2020VBMSupDig2B
Domobar Super Double-Boiler Digital Espresso Machine 110V
Meet the new Vibiemme Digital Double Boiler machine!
The VBM Double Boiler has been our go-to machine since it was introduced in the US in 2006o, and this new version is perfectly suited to bring that experience up to the next level with its exciting visual and technical upgrades. And now you can add some personality to your espresso machine with customizable colored side panels, available separately. On the technical side, with Pressure Profiling, you are now able to control the flow of the water as you brew.
In comparison to the VBM Double Boiler Electronic Digital machine, this version features manual grouphead operation instead of electronic dosing through the digital display. For example, starting the machine as well as preparing coffee involve manually lifting the lever instead of selecting icons, although the setting being changed will appear on the digital display.
Here are some of its features:
- Optional customizable side panels – The VBM standard stainless steel side panels do not suit your or your espresso zone’s personality, then check out these striking and beautiful side panels available for purchase separately. Currently available in Beige, Burgundy, Turquoise and Red.
- Ergonomic knobs and levers.
- Synthetic drip tray with a float that tracks the water level. It’s dishwasher-safe and less likely than metal to show scratches with use.
- Front face and feet – Stainless steel and polished to a mirror finish.
- 3.5” Digital Touch Display
Dual Boiler System
- Two separate copper boilers – one for espresso extraction and a separate boiler for steam and hot water, allowing you to adjust your brew temperature without affecting your steam pressure and vice versa. Copper boilers retain heat better than stainless steel, but they are also more susceptible to limescale than stainless steel boilers, so using a water softener is highly recommended (see our selection here).
- PID-Controlled Copper Brew Boiler – an optimally sized 0.5 liter brew boiler for espresso extraction. This smaller boiler size allows for a quicker displacement of water, helping to prevent the accumulation of stale water as found in larger coffee boilers.
- PID-Controlled Steam/Water Boiler – large 2.0 liter capacity for plenty of steaming power.
- Pressure Profiling—this exciting new upgrade gives you the opportunity to control the brew pressure through controlling the water flow while you are extracting your espresso shot. This is done by choosing one of the 10 extraction curves profiles available on the digital touch display.
Manual E-61 Grouphead
- 58mm thermosiphonic circulation group in chromed-brass means that it is constantly heated while hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. As a result the grouphead temperature is more constant and stable compared to groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – The lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch that turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever halfway up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the waterline creates true pre-infusion.
Steam and Hot Water
- Multi-directional wands, which allows allows for more movement and flexibility. Their angled connection also helps to keep your hands away from the heat of the exposed grouphead.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
- “Switchable” with a reservoir for pour-over operation and a rotary vane pump to allow for direct connection to your water supply.
- Programmable Timer – Choose when you want the VBM to turn on in the morning and off at night.
- ECO Mode – Use this to decrease the machine’s temperature to save energy when idle. After 2 hours of idling, the shutdown symbol will appear on the display.
- Additional Settings – Select your ideal espresso dispensing temperature, check on the under- or over-extraction, quick-start functions, meter sessions, and intercepting any faults or alerts
- Water tank level sensor – An empty tank symbol and red LED lights up on the Digital Interface when it is time to refill your tank.
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- Auto-shutoff – Prevents burning out the heating element from lack of water. The water tank sits on a spring-activated plate, and if there is not enough water weight to push the plate down far enough to contact the microswitch, then the heating element cannot engage. This is adjustable and should be checked periodically to confirm it’s set at the optimum level.
- Instruction manual
- EasyFlat single portafilter
- EasyFlat double portafilter
- Blind filter basket
- Size: Approximately 16.5” tall, 9.8” wide, and 18.5” deep.
- Weight: about 73 pounds.
- Voltage: 110
- Wattage: Coffee Boiler 600w, Steam Boiler 1200w
- Capacity: Coffee Boiler 1.5 liter, Steam Boiler 2.0 liter
- Electrical: Recommended to install a single-outlet surge suppression rated at 1080 joules or higher.
Stefano’s Espresso Care offers a 10% discount on accessories and cleaning supplies ordered with this unit. Discount on grinders ordered with this unit (varies for each grinder, so please inquire for more details). Note that your order total will not reflect accessory and grinder discounts; we will apply them manually to your order when your invoice is processed.
Two Year Parts & Labor warranty, limited to manufacturer defects.
* UPS Ground Shipping within the contiguous US included in the price of
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart