Vibiemme Super Heating Exchanger 2020
Part #: 2020VBMSupManAnaHX
VBM Domobar Super HX Analog Heating-Exchanger Espresso Machine 110V
Meet the new Vibiemme Domobar Super HX Analog machine!
The VBM Domobar Super HX has been one of our favorite machines since introduced in the US almost 20 years ago, and this new version is wowing us with its exciting visual and technical upgrades. And now you can add some personality to your espresso machine with customizable colored side panels, available separately.
Here are some of its features:
- Optional customizable side panels – If the VBM’s standard stainless steel side panels do not suit your or your espresso zone’s personality, then check out these striking and beautiful side panels available for purchase separately. Currently available in Beige, Burgundy, Turquoise and Red.
- Ergonomic knobs and levers.
- Synthetic drip tray with a float that tracks the water level. It’s dishwasher-safe and less likely than metal to show scratches with use.
- Front panel and feet – Stainless steel and polished to a mirror finish.
- Double-Scale Gauge – indicates the pump operating pressure and steam pressure.
- Its insulated copper boiler will retains heat better than stainless steel. Copper boilers are more susceptible to limescale than stainless steel boilers, so using a water softener is highly recommended (see our selection here).
- HX – Ability to pull a shot & steam milk at the same time with heating exchanger technology means there is no wait time between brewing and steaming—which is great in general, and ever better when entertaining.
Manual E-61 Grouphead
- E-61 Grouphead—58mm thermosiphonic circulation group in chromed-brass means that it is constantly heated while hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. As a result the grouphead temperature is more constant and stable compared to groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – The lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch that turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever halfway up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the waterline creates true pre-infusion.
Steam and Hot Water
- Multi-directional wands, which allows allows for more movement and flexibility. Their angled connection also helps to keep your hands away from the heat of the exposed grouphead.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
- “Switchable” with a reservoir for pour-over operation and a rotary vane pump to allow for direct connection to your water supply.
- Water tank level sensor – An empty tank symbol and red LED lights up when it is time to refill your tank.
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- Auto-shutoff – Prevents burning out the heating element from lack of water. The water tank sits on a spring-activated plate, and if there is not enough water weight to push the plate down far enough to contact the microswitch, then the heating element cannot engage. This is adjustable and should be checked periodically to confirm it’s set at the optimum level.
- Instruction manuals – Available in Spanish, Dutch, English, French, and Italian.
- Charge tube 3/8″ gas
- EasyFlat single portafilter
- EasyFlat double portafilter
- Blind filter basket
Stefano’s Espresso Care offers a 10% discount on accessories and cleaning supplies ordered with this unit. Discount on grinders ordered with this unit (varies for each grinder, so please inquire for more details). Note that your order total will not reflect accessory and grinder discounts; we will apply them manually to your order when your invoice is processed.
Two Year Parts & Labor warranty, limited to manufacturer defects.
* UPS Ground Shipping within the contiguous US included in the price of this item.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart